1. Second Skin>Junior // Proving Ground, Mercy // Solid Rock>Chainsaw City
2. Jimmy Herring -- my god, he has become such an important part of that band. He put a lot of color in his notes, the band keyed off him most of the night, and he rocked hard. What a great match.
3. The sound. Compared to the muddled tones of '05, there is no comparison.
4. Meeting Candace Brightman -- it was halfway through the show and I was grooving on the lights on the fabric panels behind the stage and I thought, 'Where have I seen that kind of set up before? Oh yeah, Candace is doing WSP lights now.' Her intense liquid colors, dancing patterns and care are all very recognizable. She was at the back clearly enjoying her gig so I went up and gave her a "hi, love your lights," etc. She was very kind and welcoming, and I told her I also dug her sister Carole's book; "Sweet Chaos, The Grateful Dead's American Adventure," and she REALLY seemed touched by that. All told, Candace seemed like one hell of a woman.
5. The Hippodrome, apparently newly restored, it was a great venue in the tradition of elegant old downtown theaters. Perfect place to see a psychedelic band.
nice! 'twas there!