A Tribute to Martin Fierro
The Fillmore, San Francisco, CA
Fri. August 8, 2008
Opening Band: Martin Fierro-less Quartet
Intermission special performance:
Jessica Fierro (Martin's 9 year-old daughter) & Mitch Stein on Electric Piano
The Fool on the Hill (Beatles)
Wavy Gravy rant
Zero & Guests:
Steve Kimock - Guitars
Bobby Vega - Bass
Pete Sears - Keyboards
Chip Roland - Keyboards
Greg Anton - Drums & Percussion
John Morgan Kimock - Drums & Percussion
Hadi Al-Sadoon - Trumpet
Jon Farey - Trombone
Judge Murphy - Vocals
Donna Jean Godchaux-MacKay - Vocals
Banana - Guitar, Keyboards, & Vocals
Melvin Seals - Keyboards
Tony Saunders - Bass
Heidi Anton - Percussion
Mitch Stein - Keyboards
Set 1 (9:45pm - 11:20pm)
1. Severe Tire Damage (Top 8 band members)
2. Catalina (+ Judge & Donna - Horns)
3. Horses (Top 10 band members)
4. Tangled Hangers (- Judge & Donna)
5. Riding with Martin (+ Banana vocals & guitar. Tony Saunders in for BV on bass. Melvin Seals in for CR on keyboards. Donna on background vocals)
6. Merle's Boogie (- Donna)
7. Home On The Range (+ Judge & Donna. Bobby Vega in for TS on bass)
Wavy Gravy rant
Set 2 (12:00am - 1:50am)
1. Gregg's Eggs (Top 8 band members + Heidi Anton on percussion)
2. Nancy Germany (+ Banana on keyboards)
3. Anorexia (Banana on guitar)
4. Chance In A Million (+ Judge & Donna - Horns) 5. Like A Road > Banana vocals & guitar. Tony Saunders in for BV on bass. Melvin Seals in for CR on keyboards)
6. Golden Road > (+ Bobby Vega also on bass + horns)
7. Franklin's Tower (+ Judge & Donna, + Mitch Stein on keyboards)
Notes: Martin's saxophone "Harvey" was on stage all night as a memorial, with a Zero framed poster, a bottle of Patron Tequila, beads, flowers, burning incense, etc... Proceeds from the event benefit the Seva Foundation's Native American programs (Martin was Apache and Tarahumara) in honor of Martin.
Setlist compiled and arranged by Rob Scalcione
Wow, that's some setlist and a damn nice long show! I figured this show would be pretty awesome, and from the look of the setlist, looks like it didn't disappoint.
Wish I'd been able to attend.
The show is up on the Archive, courtey of Monkey Tunes Music. Thanks for taping Pete!
CrypticAlex - it would have been nice to have you!
Being that it was our first child's due date, I wasn't going to not be at home with my wife (and don't think she felt like standing for 5 hrs. at a show). However, we're still waiting. The baby's already taking after her father - LATE!!
Next time I see you, I'll be a dad!
That's right Alex, I recall chatting with you at the Warfield in May about it, Congrats!
Heard some of this over the weekend
Really great 2nd set